Submission #1: Formal Letter


Subject: Self-introduction

Dear Mdm Falizah

I am Muhammad Nazirul Matin Bin Ya’akob and I am currently studying in my first year of Sustainable Infrastructure Engineering (Building Services) in Singapore Institute of Technology. I graduated with a Diploma in Green Building and Sustainability at Temasek Polytechnic.

My interest in engineering has arisen ever since I took Building Information Modelling module in my second year of polytechnic. I was always curious on how buildings were made and how the structure could hold up such heavy weight. Having to come up with design ideas on the building exterior for my project made a huge impact on my passion for engineering.

One of the strengths in communication that I had developed through my National Service journey is being a team player. Having myself to communicate effectively and with clarity ensures my team to understand well and having the assurance that they are well prepared on the assigned task. Moreover, interacting well with my team helps to accomplish the task given smoothly. When there are difficulties, we could take initiative to voice out our ideas and rectify the problem swiftly.

One of my weaknesses in communication is lacking self-confidence. I tend to doubt myself whenever there were group discussions. Thus, making it much more difficult for me to interact with my group as I could not proceed further. It was always challenging for me to have faith in my own opinion as I always assume that my ideas were wrong.

Therefore, my goals by the end of this module is to overcome my weaknesses by improving my communication skills and my self-confidence. By having self-confidence, I will be able to convey my opinions to my group without difficulty. This will help me to communicate well with my peers as well as when I am out in the workforce.

Lastly, I appreciate the time taken to read my self-introduction.

Yours sincerely,
Muhammad Nazirul Matin Bin Ya’akob
T3 Group 3


Comments

  1. Hey Naz! Good post! I used to have low self-confidence like you, always doubting myself in group discussions because of people actively bombard ideas and stuff while I am hide myself away because I feel that my ideas are not convincing. Having self-confidence is very important because it aids your learning better so it is very important to speak up and showcase yourself. And also I would rather you make mistakes here in school than making a mistake later in your career.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nazirul, you've written a very good post. I like the way you were able to convey your passion for engineering. NS was also able to help me to be a better team player as i was a introvert. I hope that you are able to achieve your goals. Good Work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Naz, it is great to see you very and keen and passionate towards engineering in buildings and hopes that you will work towards in achieving that dream. I, too, can strongly relate to having low-self confidence and know what it is like to be in your shoes. For me, one way to overcome a lack of self-confidence is to voice out or speak up. Whenever I am in doubt or unsure of my ideas or answers, I will still go ahead and share it with the class or group. Not everyone is perfect and making mistakes in part of the learning process to improving oneself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Nazirul

    Thank you for your letter.

    Being a team player is a great strength to have, especially now that you have embarked on the team project.

    One of the things you need to do is to suspend judgement, otherwise, your team may lose out on hearing good ideas from you because of your self-doubt.

    Best wishes in this module and at SIT!

    Kind regards
    Faz (Mdm)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summary Draft 1 (Autonomous Vehicles)

Critical Reflection